BBC, are they really that stupid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
Or the two school boys, one after the other on the register that a colleague of mine amused herself reading out every morning.
"Michael Rodgers, David Ruffly"

The kids never got it!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
In a similar vein, and no doubt these have been posted before. I remember when they first went round years ago, you could here the laughter ripple down the corridor as they got passed along. http://www.queenhill.demon.co.uk/airspeak/air_speak.htm

I'd hate to be a tannoy announcer, being subjected to things like that, I mean, its all very well saying that you wont say things, but in the case of foreign names etc, it might just be genuine, so you will be damned if you do, damned if you don't.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
I love this one:

that really is a cunning stunt

alans

black belt lounge lizard
I'll 'fes s up to this...
some years ago I returned to the office,picked up my phone messages from reception & started working my through them.After several I was on auto-pilot wrt dialling & dialled a London number,as many of them were,& as per the message I asked to speak to Anne Drew as soon as it was answered.....
"Good morning,Buckingham Palace"

I've always hoped that the telephonist at Buck House didn't hear me say to my colleagues,who were laughing their c socks off
"you bastards"

as I put the phone down:rolleyes:

hoopdriver

Guru
Many years ago when I was at Sydney University a practical joking medical student with whom I shared a flat left me a message to call a certain number - the message said it was the tax office so I called pretty promptly and asked for Sidney Morge, the fellow I was told to call. After a silent pause, the voice at the other end of the line said: Are you aware you're calling the Sydney Morgue?

I explained what had happened and said I wanted to book a table for one.

Top Bottom