BBC Breakfast... cycling... helmets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Glad to see that Dickie "Robocop" Coetzee is making such great progress, but what is it with the BBC pushing a "you must wear a helmet and hi-viz cos cycling is dangerous" agenda to the lovely Helen while she is eating breakfast.

Cycling is safe. Bad driving isn't.

Grrrrrr.

asterix

Comrade Member
It's the people who push such agendas who are the real ones not using their brains. I too was glad to see such a good recovery. No doubt the police have others of his type but not enough.

Sara_H

Guru
I've just seen it - apalling.

From what I can gather the poor fella WAS wearing a helmet and suffered a serious, life altering head injury. Go figure.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
But he hasn't done Bikecraft which, along with a fluorescent, would make him invulnerable to all injuries from falling off the bike, to meteorite strike.
You mean serving plod on bikes don't have to do Bikecraft? Shocking!

(Actually it isn't. I saw one on Saturday morning fail to mount the kerb. Came at it at about 30 degrees and the front wheel just glanced off and... bam! I did stop to help her and her gratuitously heavy atb up.)

Sara_H

Guru
But he hasn't done Bikecraft which, along with a fluorescent, would make him invulnerable to all injuries from falling off the bike, to meteorite strike.
Was just confused about why the BBC saw fit to broadcast an ill informed lecture by one of his daughters telling us all to wear helmets, hi viz and lights when her dad was seemingly doing all those things and still ended up on the wrong end of a motor vehicle.

Crankarm

Guru
Was just confused about why the BBC saw fit to broadcast an ill informed lecture by one of his daughters telling us all to wear helmets, hi viz and lights when her dad was seemingly doing all those things and still ended up on the wrong end of a motor vehicle.

Quite bizarre really.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
The trick is not to watch breakfast television. I mean seriously, what do you expect?

TV: No

Kippers: Yo!

Davidc

Guru
Typical British journalism. If I'd been watching (very rare in the mornings) an email would have gone in to be recorded in their stats. I wasn't, won't watch from iplayer, so no email this time.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Walking is dangerous, running is dangerous, driving is dangerous, flying is dangerous, swimming is dangerous, life is dangerous..... I think I'll stay in bed. ( and that can be dangerous too, might get sores.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom