BBC Cutbacks !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I won Popmaster last week and somehow managed to get the 3 in ten so ended up winning a DAB radio.
biggrin.gif

It arrived in the post this morning, A Pure DAB radio. Opened the back to find it requires a specific battery, namely a ChargePAKB1. They are £24.99
eek2.gif

Still, works OK on the mains.

I've ordered the battery pack so I can use it at work.

Why the hell do I need to know this you may be thinking:

A) Because if you win popmaster prepare to be a little disappointed with the radio
B) I'll try and think of another reason and post it some other time.

Note to self, invite BFF to any future pop quizzes. It can take some winning these days that can, so well done too you, but commiserations on the radio :whistle:

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Note to self, invite BFF to any future pop quizzes. It can take some winning these days that can, so well done too you, but commiserations on the radio :whistle:

Thanks SS but I've got to be honest - I only scored 18 which isn't brilliant but the other guy had a mare and only got 6 ! Then my 3 in ten I got lucky - 3 top ten hits from Frankie goes to Hollywood and I only just got the 3 in by the skin of me teeth.

I can't complain, the ones I got wrong I didn't know at all.
smile.gif

Eh don't knock it, a wins a win in my book Buddy :thumbsup: 18's pretty decent these days IMO, some of those questions are stinking at times.

They seemed to go through a spell a couple of years ago when people were almost getting 39 on a daily basis, so perhaps they brought in tougher questions as a cut back measure as well to save money on radios :whistle:

Top Bottom