bbc/folders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the comments about the lack of guards' vans on modern trains is spot on. a folder takes less space than a pushchair, so why bitch about them specifically? not that i'd ever want one mind…

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
alecstilleyedye said:
the comments about the lack of guards' vans on modern trains is spot on. a folder takes less space than a pushchair, so why bitch about them specifically? not that i'd ever want one mind…

Or one of those wheely suitcases everyone seems to have four of on some of the airport trains. The only reason I can think of is that people in this country really, really hate bikes and cyclists.

Did anyone read the piece in Cycling Plus about the train company that's banned bikes from *all* services, but still allows, oh, for example, surfboards on its services?

skwerl

everyone takes (at some point) a suitcase on a train so that's considered normal and perfectly allwoable, by Joe Public. Bikes aren't seen in the same light so it's easy for them to be prejudiced against.
No one will ever bitch about the mother with child and push-chair who is using a rush-hour train - they wouldn't dare. But that small child and push-chair haven't paid for their place on the train any more than a folder or a suitcase has.
It's all a pile of arse-bollocks

Top Bottom