BBC Look East - "run em down"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

NigC said:
Aha, the link finally worked xx(

It's good to see they balanced out the comments and the "Road Tax" issue - although they could've explained more about how roads are funded as this is likely to confuse people even more now. But all-in-all it was good to watch :biggrin:

EDIT: VED was explained - got interrrupted while watching it the first time and missed that bit :wacko:

Well to be fair, they did say that roads are funded through general taxation, which is the case.

NigC

wafflycat said:
Well to be fair, they did say that roads are funded through general taxation, which is the case.

I know - I missed it the first time I watched it as my boss walked in :wacko:

dondare

Über Member
The explanation was too hurried, and the apology was not sincere.
I would guess that all the ignoranters still think that motorists have more right to use the road than cyclists because they pay and cyclists don't.

dondare said:
I would guess that all the ignoranters still think that motorists have more right to use the road than cyclists because they pay and cyclists don't.

I agree, the guy is a trash reporter.

Tompy

dondare said:

They'll always think that though. Some local news bod isn't going to change their tiny minds.

I was quoted too. :ohmy:

Crankarm

Guru
I always thought BBC LE was a crap programme preferring ITV's local news offering instead. But since I don't watch TV anymore, almost a year now, I am not bothered. 'Am I bovered :smile:?

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Crankarm said:
I always thought BBC LE was a crap programme preferring ITV's local news offering instead. But since I don't watch TV anymore, almost a year now, I am not bothered. 'Am I bovered :tongue:?

And I don't get Look East's coverage areas. Here on the Suffolk border- most 'local' news we get on the BBC is about Milton Keynes, Northampton and flamin' Corby. Corby FFS! That's half way to Wales. Luckily on Sky we can get proper East Anglian news on channel 981, (Look East Norwich) but it must piss you off if you live hereabouts and can only get nonsense about Milton Keynes and the like. Frankly though, ditching the telly altogether sounds like a fine idea!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland

Top Bottom