BBC Shakespeare Quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
A poor 6, and that's on a quiz designed for kids.

7/11 - and several were "educated" guesses.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
8. I'm pretty good on tragedies and histories, but not the comedies and the sonnets. I think all my wrong ones were guesses, and all my right ones weren't.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
11/11 go to the top of the class.

to be fair the sonnet was a kind of guess, as was one other line from a play I knew quite well, so maybe it is was in my subconscious

I did risk using "she may be but little but she is fierce" in my wedding speech, and we now have it as a fridge magnet. I quoted "A young man married is a young man marred" from Much Ado about nothing, then said it didn't apply to me as I was far from young. I worked in one from Lear "you have grown old before you've become wise", and then asserting I was doing the wisest thing I'd ever done that day. I think I ended with "if music be the food of love, play on" to introduce the musicians. Not bad for a maths / physics guys who'd worked 35 years in IT even if I do say so myself

9/11 .... that will much a-do! :santa:
1671033014055.png

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Full house here, but it did P me off a bit with he Richard 111 quote which is a blatant lie put about by the Tudors (actually Tyders) King Richard got off his horse and waded into battle when he saw the 'standard' of the usurper Henry Tyder in an attempt to kill him, a bit like the other lies like like he was thrown into the river Soar (there was a plaque in Leicester stated this) and he killed his 2 nephews (if he had their bodies would have been 'paraded' through London to prove they were dead)
BTW Maz is a member of 'The Ricardian Society' so I get to hear all this

Top Bottom