BBC Sport App Knows Location

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Currently we are in France and my wife wants to watch Nadal Djokovic. I use the BBC sport app regularly and I’m logged in.

Last night and again this morning using my iPhone 4G I can watch Wimbledon live on my iPhone. I’m permanently logged in to the app so my log in would have been made in the UK. I can’t watch via Wi Fi.

I have the app on my Nexus, Android, and have logged in using Wi Fi. I know get the message “this content is not available in your location”

I’m not surprised by this but don’t understand why it’s OK on 4G but not the Wi Fi. Both know my current location.

Is this simply because I logged in to the BBC app in the UK?

Any workarounds??

I’m down to my last 50MB of data!!

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It might be browser settings.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I have the app on my Nexus, Android, and have logged in using Wi Fi. I know get the message “this content is not available in your location”

I’m not surprised by this but don’t understand why it’s OK on 4G but not the Wi Fi. Both know my current location.

Is this simply because I logged in to the BBC app in the UK?

It will be the IP address of your Internet connection when using WiFi. 4G works differently.

OP
OP
PaulSB

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Did it work????
Yep!! Mrs P saw as much as she wanted.

We are in Nice, France now experiencing a World Cup winning city. Quite incredible.

Top Bottom