BBQ today anyone?? What will you eat/drink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am off for a ride (15/20 miler) then we ate having a bbq.
I tend to enjoy the same old stuff eg quarter pound cheese burger, chilli chicken, fish fingers.
Washed down with a beer and some vino.
Life is hard ^_^

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Bring and share picnic with friends for me

gbb

Legendary Member
Had one with the family yesterday. Not very inventive but all the usual favourites, cheeseburgers, chicken in some marinade, sausages for hotdogs, some strps of steak and spare ribs.
13 peeps...nearly everything got eaten.

Would have been almost as cheap to take everyone for a carvery but it was more fun.

robjh

Legendary Member
Some favourite things, not all of which we'll have tonight :
-Cubes of pork on a skewer, marinaded only in olive oil, salt pepper and herbs, and some lemon juice on at the end, rather like a Greek souvlaki.
-Slices of belly pork, cooked first off with the fat side down so that it forms a crackling.
-Lamb chops.
-Red peppers (the long pointy kind, not the big fat ones). Cook until the outer skin chars (then peel it off) and the inner flesh is almost melting.
-Sausages.
-Little bits of your favourite offal seasoned with salt pepper and chili (we don't generally do this one for guests).
:hungry::okay:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Steaks tonight. 28 day dry matured rib eyes. They’ve been given a rapeseed oil spray and liberally dosed with smoked rock salt. They will be served with asparagus and sweet potato fries.
You win the Middle-Class BBQing Award. Normally McGinty is a shoo-in but he seems to be AWOL.

subaqua

What’s the point
Yesterday rather than today : Various qtys of ale, prosecco then wine.
Can't remember what I ate, but my head still hurts
That’s good. Bad BBQing means your ring hurts from the inevitable food poisoning . Best thing I bought - meat thermometer . Great for roasting great for BBQing

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Steaks tonight. 28 day dry matured rib eyes. They’ve been given a rapeseed oil spray and liberally dosed with smoked rock salt. They will be served with asparagus and sweet potato fries.
Oh... you are one of those dead dead BBQrs. :smile:.
Well I enjoyed my Aldi quarter pounder with chips.
^_^another smiley to show I am joking

Kajjal

Guru
Just go to Aldi get 60 frozen sausages, 60 hot dog rolls, sauce and a couple of gallons of cheap lager. Still get change from £10 and after eating all that you will be ripped like a boss ready for 100 mile plus bike rides.

If you need vitamins chop up a few onions.

Top Bottom