BC coach Kevin Stewart sacked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
British Cycling has dismissed its podium sprint coach Kevin Stewart for gross misconduct including what it described as a "long-term pattern of inappropriate relationships with riders".

The governing body said Stewart failed to act on repeated warnings about his conduct, and that "his behaviours fell short of the values and standards expected by the Great Britain Cycling Team".

Stewart, who would have been an integral part of the Team GB medals bid at next year's delayed Tokyo Olympics, apologised "wholeheartedly", and acknowledged his actions made his position untenable.

https://www.skysports.com/more-spor...rint-coach-kevin-stewart-for-gross-misconduct

Ajax Bay

Guru
British Cycling said "Stewart failed to act on repeated warnings about his conduct" (gross misconduct - "long-term pattern of inappropriate relationships with riders").
"An investigation found "no evidence of a physical relationship between Stewart and any rider on the GB Cycling Team", but did deem his use of electronic communication "inappropriate"."
How many times did these warnings have to be repeated, I wonder, and over what timeframe?
Completely unrelated, the other GB Team departure, Paul Manning, seems (and has always seemed) a really nice guy.

So he wasn’t shagging athletes or carrying out any form of sexual assaults as far as we know but was forming inappropriate relationships by which I assume trying to be more than a coach and instead crossing professional barriers into personal realms.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
British Cycling has dismissed its podium sprint coach Kevin Stewart for gross misconduct including what it described as a "long-term pattern of inappropriate relationships with riders".

The governing body said Stewart failed to act on repeated warnings about his conduct, and that "his behaviours fell short of the values and standards expected by the Great Britain Cycling Team".

British Cycling performance director Stephen Park said: "While this has been uncomfortable for everybody concerned, it demonstrates the robustness of the processes we have in place when concerns are raised."
ERROR... DOES... NOT... COMPUTE...! :wacko:

An employee's behaviour amounts to 'gross misconduct'. The employer knows about it, warns the employee about it, but apparently then ignores the fact that he repeatedly carries on with the inappropriate behaviour.

FINALLY, something does actually get done about it... That isn't my definition of a 'robust process'!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's got nothing to do with me, you or BC.
I don't know exactly what he was supposed to have done, but I imagine it was 'sexting' or something similar. TBH, I don't think that his marital status has much to do with it either, and I doubt that the cyclists were bothered about whether his wife knew what he was doing - they just didn't like it!

Top Bottom