BC discount at Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I get a 25% Friends and Family discount voucher from a mate who works there.I always use it alongside the BC 10%.
I was told yesterday that the BC10% is now only usable via the app?
Clearly the store doesn't know the rules.. ;)
Discount can be used in conjunction with national promotion offers, unless otherwise stated within the promotional terms and conditions, but cannot be used in conjunction with other offers such as individual store promotions, other vouchers or colleague discount.

You can print the discount voucher from the app, just showing card not sufficient in store as they need the voucher barcode

straas

Matt
Depends on how the discount works. Do you pay 90% of the value of the gift card? If so the deal is with the employee reward provider(reward gateway?) for the gift card not halfords and as far as Halfords are concerned a £100 is £100.

Yes it is reward gateway - sometimes rewardgateway says it's a gift card, but in this case it's called an instant voucher. So a bit ambiguous as to whether it falls under the voucher aspect of their T&Cs

It would turn out to be a rather large discount (£1700 down to £1377!)

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes it is reward gateway - sometimes rewardgateway says it's a gift card, but in this case it's called an instant voucher. So a bit ambiguous as to whether it falls under the voucher aspect of their T&Cs

It would turn out to be a rather large discount (£1700 down to £1377!)
Try it on the website and see?

straas

Matt
The BC 10% off is in store only I think.

I know I can buy the vouchers from reward gateway, but they're non refundable! So would need to know the halfords situation first.

@strass, check the T’s and c’s on the smart spending app for the voucher. In the case of Sainsbury’s the vouchers were capped at £40 so had to split my online shop into two appointments as I didn’t know this in advance!

Halfords might not be willing to take a voucher of that amount, can you pop in/ring the store and ask the question?

As far as I understand the bill on the bank says, everyday rewards/reward gateway so your buying the cards from them not Halfords. The provider is funded by a fee from each employer.

vickster

Legendary Member
The BC 10% off is in store only I think.

I know I can buy the vouchers from reward gateway, but they're non refundable! So would need to know the halfords situation first.
Phone Halfords central customer services :okay:

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
Clearly the store doesn't know the rules.. ;)
Stores:okay:
I've used them on 5 or 6 occasions in 4 local Halfords.The best saving was last year.A work mate had his garage broken into and they took 4 kids MTBs.I got him 35% off just under £2k...he saved just under £700 on bikes and accessories:whistle: Never been questioned:becool:

vickster

Legendary Member
Stores:okay:
I've used them on 5 or 6 occasions in 4 local Halfords.The best saving was last year.A work mate had his garage broken into and they took 4 kids MTBs.I got him 35% off just under £2k...he saved just under £700 on bikes and accessories:whistle: Never been questioned:becool:
@straas needs to go to Sheffield then :okay:

L Q

Über Member
You can't use both - it's in the T&C's.
When I bought my CX bike I got a good deal and used cycle to work vouchers and then at checkout asked about BC discount and they did that as well. He ran the 10% through as a voucher.

I think it’s just down to the staff.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
When I bought my CX bike I got a good deal and used cycle to work vouchers and then at checkout asked about BC discount and they did that as well. He ran the 10% through as a voucher.

I think it’s just down to the staff.

When I bought my Boardman FS, it was already discounted, but had a scratch on it. I said what are you going to do and I've got BC.

Instead of knocking £120 off (£1,600 down to £1,200 in sale), he knocked it to £960 - included the service pack into it - not that I used it but he must have needed some commission.

Reactions: L Q
Top Bottom