"Beater" bike wanted...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan Whicker

The rusty old Ridgeback with barely-functioning brakes, a knackered chain, a saddle like a mediaeval torture device and disconnected gears... the bike that cost me sixteen quid .... the bike i used to leave at the Tube station (sometimes for days) 'cos I didn't think it was worth nicking - has been nicked.

So, I'm looking for a replacement. Anybody got anything lurking in their shed that they'd the'd like to get rid of? I'm in Leytonstone, East London. I'll happily collect. Anything considered!

Thanks!

defy-one

Alan, I have one, but I couldn't let it go for free. It owes me £50 if your interested. Has a rear rack and 2 brand new Marathon tyres. PM me if interested. I used to leave this bike at Paddington before buying the Triban. Everything works but chain slips a little on gears 3 & 4. Probably needs adjusting on the rear dérailleur. I can meet you in Central London, or if you can wait a few days, I'm bound to be over in E14 as I visit Docklands on a regular basis through work.

OP
OP
Alan Whicker

Alan Whicker

Thanks, Defy. I might sound like a cheapskate but I can't quite stretch to fifty quid - it'll only get nicked again anyway! Out of interest, what model bike is it?

Thanks again.

Top Bottom