Beautiful Dawes Galaxy 20” tourer 24-speed + panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Titanium

Guru
A lovely bike but I have to make room. Most of it's time has been spent indoors, hardly used - however the ride is superb. I just have too many bikes, and have decided to stick with 19" frame sizes.

The frame size is 20" ctr-to-ctr, probably suited to riders approx 5’4" to 5’7" thereabouts.

24-speed with bar-end shifters. Derailleur gear mechs are Tiagra triple and chainset is Sora triple. As you can see, the wheels have been purchased to match the frame in colour. The rims are Mavic MA3, hubs are RSX/RX100 and spokes are DT.

Perfect tourer, comes with water resistant roll-top pannier bags. Price of £460 does include postage (or £440 if you can collect from Penarth/Cardiff).

If you’d like to get in touch, just post here of course, or phone Cardiff (029) 2111 3166 or 07948 164188. Bye for now, Mark.
penarth1 (a) hotmail dot com
Dawes-1.jpg
Dawes-2.jpg
Dawes-3.jpg
Dawes-4.jpg
Dawes-5.jpg
Dawes-6.jpg

PpPete

Legendary Member
That's in beautiful nick for it's age!

£460 is OTT though?
IIRC that would have cost around £400 new

I know the new ones cost around £900 - and arguably not as good as the 531 lug-brazed models, but I think you are asking too much there.

Don't get me wrong, no criticsm intended, I'd love for such a beautiful example to go to a forum member who will appreciate it, but I would have said £300 would be more realistic.

OP
OP
Titanium

Titanium

Guru
Hi Pete. During the last couple of years I've sold a couple of my touring bikes here and there, including this forum and ebay. And actually around £400 - £480 seems to be the ballpark figure for a second-hand good condition Galaxy. Even long-in-the-tooth 18 and 21 speed Galaxy's have been selling £220 - £300. Actually, look at this one I just found...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dawes-Galaxy-...s_GL?hash=item35a2b5c259&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
So one can never tell for certain, but my Galaxy I'm selling here probably has a decent realistic price. I will always listen to anyone's comments, take them on board, and hence be flexible. I'll see how it goes though, and maybe then stick it on ebay. They always take their cut though, which is a disadvantage.
So, this bike is kind of pristine, the wheels are new and of good quality. The panniers are just a small bonus perhaps. Anyway, in my humble opinion £300 for this bike is pretty wide of the mark. But there you go, it's all about opinion I suppose.

This last bit is just for info; meant to say - there are a new set of mudguards to go with the bike. Cheers. Mark.

As a Galaxy owner, I think it is a very nice looking bike and I haven't seen another exactly like it, so in that respect, you might not be far of the mark in your asking price. Beauty is in the eye... etc. People value things differently depending on how attractive they find them, not just on what make and model they are.

Garz

Squat Member
I love the bike and would welcome a tourer, however I am skint atm. If you dont sell this titanium let me know, I might be able to save for it in the future! :sad:

Muddyfox

Guru
A bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it !

Go onto any online bike shop and see what you can buy for £400 (not a great deal) i often see advice on here telling people to buy secondhand as you get alot more for your money and looking at the condition of this bike i'd say your getting a good ready to tour bike at a very fair price

Good luck with your sale ... its a lovely bike

Simon

longers

Legendary Member
If that bike was my size I'd have had a go at haggling for it, which I am very poor at and be looking to take it for a spin next weekend.

Really like the red annodized rims on the red framed bike, especially with the white wall tyres.

Really sets it off.

OP
OP
Titanium

Titanium

Guru
Thanks, you guys.

PpPete

Legendary Member
OK - I think this proves me wrong.

I'm glad I picked up a couple for my boys before the prices went to this level !

OP
OP
Titanium

Titanium

Guru
Dawes Galaxy

Hi Tom.
It is still available, yes. I was just getting a few more photos done to put it on ebay this weekend. But please get in touch, and if you do happen to buy the bicycle then it won't need to go onto ebay of course. I'll post the new photos below. It will come with a pair of new mudguards.
If you'd like to phone, please use Cardiff (029) 2111 3166 or 07948 164188. Cheers Tom. Bye for now.
Mark.
Galx-1.jpg
Galx-2.jpg
Galx-3.jpg
Galx-4.jpg
Galx-7.jpg
Galx-8.jpg

Top Bottom