Beaver Hunting !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
It doesn't matter what section of the trails along the rivers I head out on there is always construction taking place. This section has 5 trees that the beavers are in the process of dropping. Last year in a different section they blocked up a pipe that allows the water to go under a dirt road. Before it was found it ended up washing out 30 yards of road, that became unpassable and took some time to repair. So on todays ride I spotted this new construction section. Those little critters sure have fun out in the woods.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE4mSab5v24

screenman

Legendary Member
That was not quite what I was expecting, great video though.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It doesn't matter what section of the trails along the rivers I head out on there is always construction taking place. This section has 5 trees that the beavers are in the process of dropping. Last year in a different section they blocked up a pipe that allows the water to go under a dirt road. Before it was found it ended up washing out 30 yards of road, that became unpassable and took some time to repair. So on todays ride I spotted this new construction section. Those little critters sure have fun out in the woods.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE4mSab5v24

Watch out for Beaver Fever, caused by parasites in beaver poo.
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/new...ims-to-fall-ill-with-beaver-fever-in-Tayside/

Globalti

Legendary Member
Beaver fever or giardiasis is a constant concern in the Americas, on the West Coast Trail and in the Rockies we boiled and sterilized all our water. Looks like it might be arriving in Scotland now but at least Scots will have a supply of beavers to turn into top hats.

Nice video anyway. My brother rides in terrain like that in Michigan. One day he fell off and banged his noggin and then couldn't remember his way back to the car park but luckily some walkers came along and showed him the way.

How do the beavers know which way the tree will fall? Be a shame if after all that effort it fell away from the creek. Or do they rig up a rope and pull it over?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
I always watch Zipp's vids in anticipation of the 'out in the woods yeah baby' song...... and the usual 'woo hoos'
He never lets me down.
:laugh: Thanks Smudge !

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Beaver fever or giardiasis is a constant concern in the Americas, on the West Coast Trail and in the Rockies we boiled and sterilized all our water. Looks like it might be arriving in Scotland now but at least Scots will have a supply of beavers to turn into top hats.

Nice video anyway. My brother rides in terrain like that in Michigan. One day he fell off and banged his noggin and then couldn't remember his way back to the car park but luckily some walkers came along and showed him the way.

How do the beavers know which way the tree will fall? Be a shame if after all that effort it fell away from the creek. Or do they rig up a rope and pull it over?

They seems to have the dropping the tree in river mastered, I should plant a motion camera out near by to see the final tree falling process.

Top Bottom