Beefier legs make me walk slower!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've noticed this summer since I started road riding, standing up for those hills in road gears with my thighs getting beefier, that my legs feel heavier and move more slowly when I walk. I can understand now why my neighbour who is a big roadie walks so slowly like PC Plod.

Anybody else discovered this phenomenon?

sicne you've been cycling more, have you been eating more? :hyper:

Rigid Raider said:
I can understand now why my neighbour who is a big roadie walks so slowly like PC Plod.

it could also be that he's spent so much time on his bike, he's forgotten how to walk? :ohmy:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I think a more grinding style builds thights and butts but also tends to pull your body out of shape and that affects how you walk. Keep stretching. I found 'Body balance' classes help straighten me out a bit, introduced more flexibility and helped me to walk a bit more normally freely... but the legs still feel heavyish!

MajorMantra

Too much grinding - you need to spin like Lance. :ohmy:

Matthew

SilverSurfer

I have exactly this problem. Thighs like tree-trunks and I do the slow walking. I do spin low gears as well but for some reason my legs bulk up really quickly (although I can't get big arms nearly so easily)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Ive noticed i dont walk so fast now.
My legs have got bigger from riding fixed.
I can push a big gear for a good amount of time, but i can also spin fast downhill.
But, i do have to stretch my legs alot anyway. Hamstrings are what i always need to stretch. I can be walking along and just need to stretch them:wacko:

bonj2

i know the feeling :laugh:
i sometimes have to heave myself out of my desk wtih my arms in the morning ;) when i've been cycling in. It's as mch as i can do to stumble over to the deskwhere the coffee is and stumble back :biggrin:

Top Bottom