Been away some time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello again people.

A combination of unlit horrible bendy roads in my area and painful arthritis in the knees keeps me off the bike for much of winter, so haven't been posting lately.

Result of not doing winters is that I get fat. Joined a gym at end of December to try to do a bit of weight control so, come around March when the bikes come back out, I am not too out of condition. Lost a few pounds!

My nice instructor has given me a set of cardio exercises - treadmill, exercise bike and the dreaded cross-trainer. I'm not supposed to run due to the knees but cross-trainers are OK.

Anyway, the exercise bike is really easy- I can pedal away on "hills" without too much of an effort, but put me on the cross-trainer and that is really hard work!

But the gear fingers are getting very itchy and this weekend is earmarked for getting out the three bikes and lovingly oiling, cleaning... ahhhhh.

longers

Legendary Member
Hello Intelligent Hamster. Hope you get out and about cycling soon. It's not been decent weatherwise so you haven't missed much.

stevenb

Intelligenthamster said:
Hello again people.

A combination of unlit horrible bendy roads in my area and painful arthritis in the knees keeps me off the bike for much of winter, so haven't been posting lately.

Result of not doing winters is that I get fat. Joined a gym at end of December to try to do a bit of weight control so, come around March when the bikes come back out, I am not too out of condition. Lost a few pounds!

My nice instructor has given me a set of cardio exercises - treadmill, exercise bike and the dreaded cross-trainer. I'm not supposed to run due to the knees but cross-trainers are OK.

Anyway, the exercise bike is really easy- I can pedal away on "hills" without too much of an effort, but put me on the cross-trainer and that is really hard work!

But the gear fingers are getting very itchy and this weekend is earmarked for getting out the three bikes and lovingly oiling, cleaning... ahhhhh.

Ditto....apart from joing a a gym and the cross trainer bit....:smile:

Top Bottom