Been biking since I could at 3!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ridelegalforfun

Hi folks,

Shaun invited me to introduce myself here.

You'll all get a feel for me soon enough. I can be pretty opinionated and have been biking for more than three decades, but I mean no harm!

Spent my youth putting my first mountain bike over Shropshire hills horse-riding friends had said couldn't be pedalled and regularly rode 70 mile weekend rides over that terrain.

Been knocked off a few times since then, getting away with nothing more than big repair bills and scabs over bruises.

These days my usual ride is my 2007 Brompton P6-R, which does around 3,000 miles a year getting me to work and client sites around London, Hampshire (home) and elsewhere in the UK.

Married with two kids, but still at the achy legs and back stage with our 3 year old, while his big sister has learned the value of braking and would happily ride 5 miles a day to and from school if Mummy felt the local roads were safe for independent 5 year olds to ride on.

Tempted to invest in a camera, but my lid is currently used to mount a driver dazzling head torch and I have the sort of image storing memory that makes recalling number plates and descriptions/incidents easy.

This wasn't meant to be such an essay Shaun, but none of my posts ever are as short as I'd like them to be!

I'm glad to make everyone's acquaintance!

Dan

MikeW-71

Veteran
:welcome:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hi & :welcome:

OP
OP
R

Ridelegalforfun

Hi folks,

I used to moderate a travel forum in my spare time and thank all of you for acknowledging my diatribe to welcome me here.

I look forward to sharing experiences, tips and the occasional moan among many laughs about life on two (or more) pedal-powered wheels.

Top Bottom