Been feeling down of late...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Why not run Steve,..sure - you must have a pair of trainers knocking around somewhere..15mins, round the block etc...

I reasoned once Steve THAT 15mins or thereabouts equals 20mls and half hour - a 30ml ride.

Even a 10min run would suffice...

Cyclings a very power orientated exercise and obviously running isnt, soo, running is VERY acute and technical over a short period of time (remember the human is not made to RUN! over a long distance) so therefore benefits are great over a short time period of running !

:smile:

Well thats what I reckon anyway ! :smile:

stevenb said:
Not been out on my bikes as much as I'd like to have been.
Mainly due to being so tired after work (WORK STRESS)...and a mix of bad weather.
Been so skint after crimbo too....so never got a turbo trainer.
Hopefully I'll be ordering/buying one on Monday......then at least I can get my legs spinning.
I'll have to use my MTB on the trainer with my slicks until I can afford my new wheelset in March, along with a few turbo trainers accessories....front wheel stand, training tyre etc etc.

Being skint sucks.:smile:

Hoping I can get out as much as poss this coming weekend as I have tomorrow and Monday off. :smile:

I have lost some momentum on the bike...but my enthusiasm remains intact luckily.
I have however lost even more weight. In April last year I was a 36 waist and 13.5 stone 5'9". Now I'm a snippet under 12 stone. Boy do I feel leaner and fitter. Something to smile about I suppose.....weight loss even when not cycling.;)

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

It's a good idea......running as good and Ilike to run....although I don't.
I do have some nice Reebok running shoes...proper ones.....so no probs with equipment there.
I like swimming too....though sharing the public pool with everyone and dirty amenities puts me off TBH.
I might start combining running, cycling, turbo training and some weight lifting to strengthen my legs....all spread out of course...I don't want to burn out...;)

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

You mean the wood beetle? ;)
Fancied a chance......was poncing about with my new camera earlier. Took a pic of the Trek badge on my MTB too....the Macro shots come out amazingly detailed...if a purply blurred....:smile:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Did 31.1 miles again today. The wind was chilling and gusts were strong. Almost stopped and ran out of energy but my mate gave me a Gel sachet so I felt better after a bit. Could have ridden more but going out again tomorrow so decided to save myself a bit. ;)

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Maverick Goose said:
You can get through anything with enough cake and chocolate:tongue:

I took a banana but they are a slower releasign energy food so I'll eat one before i set out today.....and I'll carry a choccy bar with me instead.;)

Supposed to be going further today...possibly 50+ miles......will have to see how my energy levels are and my legs of course.;)

Top Bottom