been offered a bike cheap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Is it worth it ?
Viking torino afaik , photo looks mint
8 speed shimnao 2300
carbon fork
new m520 pedals

2 sizes to big
£50
considering just stripping it for parts

vickster

Legendary Member
Doubt you'll get much more than £50 back for parts

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
If it's the right size for the rider, then an immaculate and functional budget bike for £50 is a bargain. Only a bargain in your case if you already happen to have a right-sized frame kicking around just waiting to be built up at no additional cost,
I try to obtain parts donor bikes for as near FOC as possible, and I never go above £10. Don't care about size, frame gender, colour etc so long as the mechanicals are useful and compatible to my other machines.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I’ve just given a neighbours Viking a tweak and a clean, these cheap Vikings (not to be mistaken for a decent 60’s/70’s Viking) are far from good. You may just about manage to recoup your £50 for parts.

Drago

Legendary Member
Doubt you'll get much more than £50 back for parts

If they're not all scuffed up he could make that on the brifters alone.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Buying complete bikes for spares is way cheaper than buying spare parts piecemeal, but there is no point in paying more than necessary for a cosmetically nice frame (as opposed to a shabby one) if you have no intention of ever using it. Weigh up the condition and value to you of those parts of the bike that are actually useful as spares and make a decision on that alone.

Top Bottom