Beeping beep - ouch!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
hail_small.jpg

It seemed nearly 1 in 10 cars were beeping me today on the way home from work. I wonder if it had anything to do with the tropical downpour and hail I was riding through? It was really good fun, but it didn't half sting!

Not all mind, I obv. annoyed three drivers who beeped me after sitting behind me for a bit when I took the lane (separate incidents). Just gave them a friendly wave.

Plax

Guru
It has been lovely here most of the day. I was sweating cobs on my ride home (was too lazy to stop and take my jacket off).

I agree hail does sting - especially when it hits you on the end of your nose!

Pete

Commute! I'm lucky, folks, I don't have to commute on a Sunday. But I take pride in announcing I was out this morning. Pride, because I've been doing precious sweet FA at the cycling these many months: today I managed 35 miles. I saw spectacular thunder & lightning all around me, but by a strange chance I never got rained on! Only a few drops of drizzle, I never even donned the Altura!

And no-one beeped me!

My wife, who stayed at home, said the hail stones drove her in from the garden whilst I was out.

longers

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
especially at a closing speed of about 40mph, downhill :eek:

Had a few moments like this recently but a little bit slower than you.

Well done on your ride Pete. Hope that doesn't sound patronising.

domtyler

Über Member
MER Veteran said:
Donk im hackbike 6 or Terminator in a later life.:eek:

But seriously domtyler why do you come across as a total dickhead?

Like I said, we have a nasty little troll infestation. This one appears to be of a particularly vile breed judging by the sickening stench. What is it with you that you simply cannot help but pleasure yourself in public areas? Cretin! :sad:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
alecstilleyedye said:
especially at a closing speed of about 40mph, downhill :B)

Yes indeed - there's been a fair bit about over the last week, although this one is supposed to be drier, according to the last forecast i saw.

domtyler

Über Member
BentMikey said:
Hackers tries to wind up Mikey, and just gets a quiet smile.
Dom tries to wind up Hackers, and gets a quality reaction.

LOL!

It's like shooting fish in a bucket isn't it? :B)

Top Bottom