England : Kent Beer and Beach Huts Ride or Weekender July 9th/10th 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Looking at National Rail the High Speed from St Pancras the 09.09hrs on the day train is £13.60 each way to Canterbury West at todays predicted prices for the date.

Train journeys between Sandwich, final destination and Canterbury West is £7.90

I am meeting up with @HertzvanRental this Sunday to discuss the route so will have more details next week for you all.

Apart from the route the idea is to meet at Canterbury West station between 10-10.30 on Saturday 9th July 2016 and cycle to Sandwich or if time and the weather is good and people are willing to we can add a loop through the lanes to Deal along the seafront and on along the ancient highway and golf courses through Sandwich Bay and back to the Folk and Ale festival.
So, provisionally, a drive to Sandwich, park, train back to Canterbury would work out ok.

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
So, provisionally, a drive to Sandwich, park, train back to Canterbury would work out ok.
and you will get your car back how ?

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Essentially by remaining sober. I got the impression that the ride was heading to Sandwich. As long as I can park up near a station at the destination (Deal, Sandwich, whichever) and train it back to the start we'll be heading towards the car.
Yep cycle start point Canterbury West and cycling to Sandwich.

Myself and the Hops will be training it to Canterbury West to meet up with whoever comes so we could meet you at Sandwich and get the train from there.We would be looking at getting the 09:41 from Sandwich with a quick change at Ramsgate gets us to Canterbury West at 10:24.

I believe parking is free at Sandwich station if not plenty of free parking very close by.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yep cycle start point Canterbury West and cycling to Sandwich.

Myself and the Hops will be training it to Canterbury West to meet up with whoever comes so we could meet you at Sandwich and get the train from there.We would be looking at getting the 09:41 from Sandwich with a quick change at Ramsgate gets us to Canterbury West at 10:24.

I believe parking is free at Sandwich station if not plenty of free parking very close by.
Sounds like meeting you and Hops at Sandwich station would be a good way to do it.

U

User10571

I'll have to give this some thought, and make a decision closer to the day.
However, having zero interest in beer, I'd probably leave you to it in Sandwich, and do something like cycle round the coast via Whitstable to catch a homeward HS1 from Faversham.
Maybe.

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

I'll have to give this some thought, and make a decision closer to the day.
However, having zero interest in beer, I'd probably leave you to it in Sandwich, and do something like cycle round the coast via Whitstable to catch a homeward HS1 from Faversham.
Maybe.
It's not all about the beer :whistle: but the more the merrier and you would be very welcome.

U

User10571

Thank you.

Just checking all the details.... if the preferred route loops back via Deal I shall probably pootle onwards to Sandwich and meet you at the end of your loop. I've done nowt since the end of Feb. Mr Hop is planning to cycle both ways.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Just checking all the details.... if the preferred route loops back via Deal I shall probably pootle onwards to Sandwich and meet you at the end of your loop. I've done nowt since the end of Feb. Mr Hop is planning to cycle both ways.
From what I've seen both routes end at Sandwich, one short, one longer. The short route back would be about 17 miles.

Top Bottom