Beer and th joys thereof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I drink 4-5 pints on Tuesday nights in the pub with my cycling mates and half a bottle of wine every night at home. I suspect that is regarded as heavy consumption but it seems normal middle aged behaviour. Occasionally I drink more than that if we have a 'do'. I love real ale and I like pubs.

spire

To the point
Two pints a night; more at weekends.

Is that a lot?

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Thank you very much for all those replies. I only initiated the thread because I was so amazed that a couple of people of the other forum thought 5/6 pints wasn't moderate. If we're into "I'm xxx, I'm an alcoholic etc", I spent some 20 years working for HM Customs, where visiting 6 ships a day involved 6x3 drinks (min) with the Captain x 6 days a week - and that was during working hours and didnt include social drinking ( whatever that is - whats unsocial drinking) Out of the 8 people I worked with, 5 didn't reach 50...maybe it was the riding that soaked it up. Used to fall off a lot on the way home though.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
ArDee said:
Originally by ChrisKH

That's quite a small amount; I always drink my coke in pints, with ice and lemon. :biggrin:

Nice to see someone still drinks the original recipe for coca cola ;)

Beer is great. I drink at least one a night (often more), plus a bit more most weekends. I drink a good deal less than I used to, but am still able and willing to work my way through eight or ten pints on a special occasion!
It's the cigarettes I don't like - well, I do, but on balance I'd rather give up smoking than drinking.

col

Legendary Member
I seem to remember an add on the tv i think it was,"two or three pints,two or three times a week" was the slogan,i think they were hinting thats ok?

Smeggers

First night off the beer last night in at least 3 weeks.....

Feel like crap this morning.

Alcoholism - dont you love it. ;)

Top Bottom