Beer free Christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Elmer Fudd said:
Right behind you BTFB (not slip streaming either !!), although on Saturday I thought "I could really murder a beer", 10 seconds later I was disgusted with meself and took dog for a walk instead. So I'm having a dry Xmas and New Year as well, But if I'm a really good boy I've been told I may be allowed A pint of Guinness on me burfday (well I will be 50 !) but I may even turn that down ! (slippery slope 'n all that)

How brilliant are you?? Hurrah for the Fudd.

Peter

You are all joking - right?

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I think that if christmas was in the middle of summer, or I was an Ozzy, I might indulge because I could rid eit off easier. However this recent cold snap has impacted on my weekly mileage a fair bit...dropped from around 130 miles a week to just 75 last week...the cold is draining, but the Ice on a few days was a problem. I am just scared that having pigged out over Xmas and th enew year, January will see more icy weather and I will feel less motivated to get out there, and so the downward spiral would commence.

In another worrying development, the mince pies have already been and ...erm...gone...:biggrin::rolleyes::angry::biggrin:

Christmas doesn't start until Monday for me. That's when I'll eat my first mince pie.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm not expecting a boozy Chirstmas - sis is still feeding Oli, so can't drink too much, my Mum hardly drinks at all (a glass of wine occasionally), dunno about B-i-l's Mum, but I don't imagine booze will be the big featrue. I'm as happy with a nice cup of tea most of the time.

Unless of course b-i-l wants to open a botle of wine and I'm the only one to share it...

Had a couple of glasses of Cava yesterday, went straight to my head....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I shall be having a few tipples, maybe too much... but I've lost the weight and it's still dropping off, and that's done by watching what I eat and commuting on the bike every day. Good on those not drinking, I like my red wine (far) too much.......

Top Bottom