Bees at the local..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Punch them all in the face. Or is that sharks?
Rabbits I think...they can break your arm you know...

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
We had a swarm in my aunt's back yard when I was a kid, My aunt tried to use a hose on them, and was chased away, so my father called the bee man, much the same as above, no protection, put the bees in a big bucket and away to the bee man's little world of bees. A friend of mine has bees, now he captures swarms, but he just takes them home and puts them in his hives in the backyard. He has other hives round about on farms, and sometimes moves the hives to orchards to pollinate the trees. I think swarms happen quite a bit this time of year. Hives get overcrowded, a new queen is made, or crowned, or invested or something, and she takes the overflow somewhere else. My dad was quite well read on bees, as a friend of his at work kept bees, but was illiterate.

Hives get overcrowded, a new queen is made, or crowned, or invested or something, and she takes the overflow somewhere else.
I think it's the old queen who goes off. Just saying...

Roosevelt

So, are we just talking about US presidents now?

Johnson!

Julia9054

Guru
IMG_1932.JPG
IMG_1933.JPG

Here is my dad and his mate trying to get his bees back after they attempted to bugger off somewhere.

keithmac

Guru
I was in the back garden one sunny day with my young son, heard a loud humming sound and saw a dark black "cloud" in next doors garden.

It was a swarm of bees moving home (must have been in a tree?), awesome to watch but a bit worrying as well!.

I booted a wasp that kept buzzing past my lad (landed on a Laurel leef), not a good idea in flip-flops as it got caught between my foot and the sole..

Top Bottom