Before & after photos (non-weightloss edition)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've just painted my front door - but it's not yet dry enough to shut and take the after photo :whistle: - hoping it will be soon!
Summerdays: are you not going to bed? You will have to shut the door soon! What colour did you paint it?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I've shut it now and will be off to bed soon - if it's stuck to the door frame in the morning you'll have to come and rescue me. It was brown when we bought it ... it is now blue! But I think it is going to need a second coat.

(Then I have to start on the door frame and porch - but they aren't brown so less urgency to do in the first place).

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Just in case anyone needed closure, here's what happened to the shed roof today:

561ea2ba-c611-dd63.jpg

561ea2ba-c625-9532.jpg

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Really nice restoration! What kind of paint was used, and was it professionally done, or did you do it yourself?

Brake cables seem a bit long though! :tongue:

I bought the bike on EBay off a guy in Burnley, stripped it of parts with help from 2 guys at work, gave it to a guy who does smart repairs at work, he rubbed it down, painted it but it wasn't great so they acid dipped it and then painted it with a Fiat 500 paint and then lacquered it with car lacquer.

I bought the bottom bracket from Evans after taking the frame with me and I have to tell you that was a right bugger to fit!

The chain was from Halfords and all the other bits I needed from my LBS in Horwich, the green machine, who helped a lot with all the little nuts and bolts I needed, sometimes not even charging me.

The sugino messenger cranks came off a track bike I bought off a guy at work, also the source of the wheels and flip flop hub, threshold the alf Webb frame.

The headset was off fleabay and the pedals I got off fresh tripe and the rest of the bits I polished and polished until they were good enough to use. The decals are also off eBay and were a present off my parents as I wasn't going to bother due to a lack of funds!

Yeah...the cables are wayyyy too long, I keep meaning to get round to shortening them but still not sure I have finished it. I am either putting flat bars on it or gears...still not decided.

Glad you like it! I learned a lot doing it and I still owe a debt to the 3 guys at work who helped me no end! I don't feel like I can say I did it on my own!

Night Train

Maker of Things
Before (vulnerable toes):
DSC_0486.jpg

After (strap on toe protection):
DSC_0487.jpg

I used a laundry liquid bottle and the elastic strap from a dead head torch.

Top Bottom