Beggar's Belief

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can see why Geraint Thomas might use it, in anticipation of falling off and it hurting.

U

User169

lance.jpg

I'm sure cycling weekly were on about this too. Kittell said that many of the Peloton are on it and use it as a way to suppress fatigue and pain during tough stages. If it does have a perceived effect on fatigue and lactate build up then why is it not banned? Amazingly they don't even need a medical reason to pop this stuff!!

My friend was on it with chronic back pain and he was a different person at times. He border line became dependant on it.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Jokes aside, but this is serious. Why would you take this stuff. I have some serious pain, but i cant function in my job with the meds on offer, and I certainyl did not function after a few days on Tramadol. I felt great after the first tablet, then down hill.

Sara_H

Guru
I was discharged from hospital on Tramadol when I had my near death experience 18 months ago. It made me feel horrendous. I weaned myself off it quite quickly, it was like trainspotting at our house for a few days!

Just say no, kids!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Tramadol is dreadful muck. I had hallucinations on it. Everybody had rainbow trails when I saw them walking along, the OH found me sitting on the side of the bed, waving my hand so I could see the pretty colours. I'd not have found my bike, let alone ridden it!

Soup890

Crazy
These pro athlete, I take my hat off to them. If I was 10% of them I'd be a happy man. The things they do to put their body through is unbelievable. I will always continue to be amazed by them. I just wish I could have there drive and determination.

Interesting comments about the finish line crashes.

The "Finish line bottles" could also explain some of the post race interviews

Top Bottom