Beginner Needs Help - so, HELP (please)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

It could be that a synthetic padded saddle is causing your arse to sweat and stick/rub on the saddle. I find that in th ewarmer months i am more comfy with an unpadded set of running shorts and a brookes saddle (leather). All winter I have been riding with padded bib long tights and whilst nice and warm they do cause discomfort in the arse region due to the rubbing of the pad.

My advice would be to forget all about super padded cheapo synthetic crap saddles marketed at the masses...and get a good brookes saddle like I did.

(....cue massive 'discussion' about Brookes saddles etc)

...also Talc might help?

The more you ride the less it will hurt...eventually!

...so my theory is that the more air flow you can get around your arse the better for the sores.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Something I thought of yesterday evening (yes,I'm that sad, I think about the forum when I'm not on it), Dave, does your bike, which sounds like a mountain bike style, have knobbly tyres? If so, you can improve your percieved fitness no end by changing them to less knobbly ones (unless you are intending to do serious off road riding). Knobbles cling to tarmac and act like glue. Slicker tyres, pumped up well, will improve your rolling resistance, and it'll feel easier...xx(

Top Bottom