Beginnerish bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jamie678

Regular
I'm based in Guildford, Reading is probably the closest store to me. There is an Independent store near that stocks a lot of Giants, so i'll pay them a visit to check out what sizing is best for me

vickster

Legendary Member
There's a giant store in Guildford if that's the one you mean? Worth seeing if they have any reduced 2014 models although they'll still be over £250. There's an Evans somewhere too, good for test rides. Halfords of course might have something in the budget range. And yes decathlon in reading probably is closer :smile:

Be aware that sizing varies a lot from brand to brand and even model to model

OP
OP
J

jamie678

Regular
What are peoples thoughts on the Specialized Allez 2013/14 models as i have found quite a few of those on Gumtree for around the £300 mark, all look to be in good condition ?

vickster

Legendary Member
If buying from ebay or gumtree ask for proof of purchase, I.e. A named involve from retailer and the serial number to check that it's not on a stolen bikes register

Popular bikes, common for that reason, depends if you want something a little different like one of biggs retro jobbies. An allez should work fine for ride 100, although they do have a more agressive geometry than a defy for example

vickster

Legendary Member
The bars will be further below the saddle, more of a racing position, head down, bum up, rather than being more upright, what is often referred to a relaxed or 'sportive' geometry

Go to evans in Guildford with your photo ID and bank card and have a test ride or two of potential bikes

Top Bottom