Beginners Hilly HIIT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reefcat

Reefcat

Thank you for all the encouragement guys.

Something must be paying off.....the final 1 kilometer to our house is short & steep. A few weeks ago now, my wife managed to do the final climb without stopping & has managed to keep that up on every ride since. I, on the other hand, had never managed to make it all the way up, had a steadily improving personal best, but actually getting to the top seemed like a long way off.

That all changed yesterday, we did a very short ride to a local cafe for lunch ( €5.00 all in). It was blowing a hooley & we decided we just needed a bit of fresh air and didn't fancy a long ride. That meant that I got back to our "home hill" still feeling fresh & to our amazement pedalled straight up it to the house. I have it set up as a segment on Strava, so I am now KOM, feeling very chuffed.

Now I know I can do it, have never felt even close to doing the whole thing before & thought it was months away. I suspect that always arriving at the bottom already tired out didn't help, thank you @Travs will be attacking it with a bit more belief from now on :smile:

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Well done! Although, am I right in suspecting that wind may have played a part. ^_^

Top Bottom