England : Merseyside Beginners Ride near Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just picking back up on this, as I am serious about wanting to cycle with someone.
Ideally something circular, but I have been recommended some nearby parks (Croxteth Hall Park being one).

Should anyone wish to join me, they'd be welcome.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Not me I'm afraid as I've done my knee in and I'm going to a 100th birthday party!:biggrin:

Celebrating the birth of this thread? :smile:

Hey all,

I appreciate this thread is now 11 years old (from the initial pages), but why not revive one which works.

I'm living in Walton Vale (not sure if it's North, South etc), but wondering if these rides still happen?
I've been off the bike for about 6/7 years and have put a lot of weight on, and could do with some novice riding to get me back up to the mileage I used to do (80+).
I'm not bothered about going fast (although I do love going fast), but to ease in gently, since the riding passion has long gone, and I need to rekindle it.

Preferably somewhere gentle, and that I won't feel like I'm battling people too much (that's my biggest confidence issue right now).

The area isn't local to me sorry for a ride but I know the the Trans Pennine Trail runs through Liverpool and being mostly on old railway is very flat. I did do a ride slightly further north around the minor roads of Southport area last year, that was also fairly flat. There are also two circular trails I know of - The Sefton Circular and the Wirral Circular Trail - so I think there's plenty in the area to find!

Top Bottom