England : Merseyside Beginners Ride near Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

In work this weekend, might be able to do an evening ride (7pm ish) if nothing has been planned with the family

chqshaitan

Guru
great stuff, let me know, probably easier if i go to yours, if you know any good routes.

chernij

anyone fancy a ride this sunday? i am keen to do some miles as i have the 50 mile lcl in a few weeks, shock horror :smile:

Yes, I'm definitely up for a good ride. I'm in South Liverpool near the start of the M62. I'm doing the Great Manchester Cycle (26 miles) at the end of June, so I'm looking to do a decent 35-40 mile ride this Sunday if that's any good for you?

chqshaitan

Guru
Sounds good. What kind of mileage you want to do?

whatever is reasonable bearing in mind, we would only have a few hours before it gets dark, so maybe something pushing the boundaries or should i say hills :smile:

Yes, I'm definitely up for a good ride. I'm in South Liverpool near the start of the M62. I'm doing the Great Manchester Cycle (26 miles) at the end of June, so I'm looking to do a decent 35-40 mile ride this Sunday if that's any good for you?

Ah nice one, yea, count me in. i aint far from you, as i live in birchwood. do you know any good routes around south liverpool?

matthat

Über Member
I'm unable to join you on sun as i work all weekend and should spend some time with the mrs as she's been off all weekend!!:thumbsdown: A couple of suggestions of rides though for you, Meet back end of widnes by the bridge and ride along river towards hale, come out at pickerings pasture on hale rd then ride towards the airport and through the industry park still following the Mersey!! You then come out by the old matchworks along main rd for 3-4 miles at most then turn left at cricket club and then your back on the Mersey and you can follow that all the way to the pier head. Or another suggestion is once you come out at pickerings pasture and follow the tpt signs out towards southport on the loopline track! Or still meet somewhere near bridge and head the other way towards fiddlers ferry as thats an nice ride! If any one wants more info on any of that then PM me and i'll give a more detailed route. Hope thats useful

chernij

Ah nice one, yea, count me in. i aint far from you, as i live in birchwood. do you know any good routes around south liverpool?
There's a 24 mile route that's nice, goes from South Liverpool by mine to Widnes, through Hale village. Otherwise there's one that loops round. We'll sort something out... how far did you want to ride?

chqshaitan

Guru
There's a 24 mile route that's nice, goes from South Liverpool by mine to Widnes, through Hale village. Otherwise there's one that loops round. We'll sort something out... how far did you want to ride?

That is a reasonable distance, i did a 28 miler the other week , and while some parts of my anatomy where a bit worse for wear, we got there in the end.

chernij

That is a reasonable distance, i did a 28 miler the other week , and while some parts of my anatomy where a bit worse for wear, we got there in the end.

Great, somewhere around that distance is good. I'll have a look for some other routes. It should be about 2 hours with my pace around 13mph, although I'm finding hills difficult at the moment as I've got a niggle in my back. Is that ok? If it's a bit slow then I can't promise I'll speed up, and if it's too fast then I'm happy slowing down!

chqshaitan

Guru
Great, somewhere around that distance is good. I'll have a look for some other routes. It should be about 2 hours with my pace around 13mph, although I'm finding hills difficult at the moment as I've got a niggle in my back. Is that ok? If it's a bit slow then I can't promise I'll speed up, and if it's too fast then I'm happy slowing down!

I don't think you need to worry about me going faster than you, i doubt that will happen :smile: If anything it will be me puffing and panting, while you breeze ahead lol. I will pm you so we can get swap numbers and the likes.

chernij

Hey guys, just to let you know that, weather permitting, chqshaitan and I will be going a 25-mile ride on Sunday. We'll be going from South Liverpool towards Widnes, through Rainhill and then back. We're meeting 11am at Calderstones Park, at the car park on Yew Tree Road. If you're up for joining, let one of us know by PM. :bicycle:

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

It might be worth looking at your starting point. The Liverpool international tennis tournament is on this weekend at calderstones. Springwood might be better starting point

chernij

It might be worth looking at your starting point. The Liverpool international tennis tournament is on this weekend at calderstones. Springwood might be better starting point

Ah, thanks for that Aces. Forgot about that. Is there a car park near Springwood? I'm not too sure... chqshaitan will be driving

Top Bottom