England : Merseyside Beginners Ride near Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sittingbull

Veteran
It was a decent day, I rounded the ride up to 50 miles. With just a couple of the tougher hills, we pushed the fun bits and eased off on others. There were just two of us, "frayBentos59" plus myself.

Another two riders (I've ridden with fairly regularly) were genuinely unable to make it. I repeated much of the ride this Saturday with "insouciant" :thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Not related to the ride, but any of the local guys know why there is bike event routing cards across huyton and towards gate acre that I noticed this morning

PaulBrdmn

I saw them in Widnes and again at Gatacre Brow on my way back from Wales earlier. One of the marshals told me it was a charity bike ride from Manchester to Liverpool.

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Anyone fancy joining me for a slowish probably 12mph average ride, looking around 30 miles on sunday? I was going to to the wirral bike thing but struggling to get there so going to do something local starting around Huyton.

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Some time in the morning i think 9am/10am, Just need to firm a few things up family wise first.

PM me your post code and can work some kind of route from there.

How did the wedding and honeymoon go?

chqshaitan

Guru
Pm Sent.

Wedding and Honeymoon went really well, seems like a distant memory now lol

What is the wirral ride that you mentioned in an earlier post?

billy1561

BB wrecker
Working sunday so that's another i'll miss! Out on saturday though with a mate i think to the cat and fiddle.

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

ah, damn, didnt know the bikeathon was on, gutted. shame it would cost 20 quid to turn up on the day.

Yeah I was going to sign up for but missed the deadline for £10, but probably for the best as it would be a hassle for me to get to it now, as the missus needs the car.

chqshaitan

Guru
yea, cool, i dont mind either, as its going to the charity(or at least some of it).

Let me know your contact details on pm mate, and we can get things sorted. I have setup a sponsorship page on justgiving and mailed around my family and friends, so I have gotta do it now :smile:

Top Bottom