England : Merseyside Beginners Ride near Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

just arrived in liverpool after a pretty relaxed, photographic and poorly-navigated 58 miles, my longest ride of the year and a throughly enjoyable portion with the boys!

Cyclist33

Taken on the Liverpool Loop Line... try saying that after ten energy bars!
image.jpg

Anthony Rooney

Wish I got kevs message early I would of loved to come on the ride and thanks for the heads up Kev on this site I've just joined so hope not to miss out on the next one

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Hope you all stayed puncture free on the loopline as it can be treacherous for glass!!

Yep the section from halewood to gateacre is pretty good being quite ruralish, so no glass thanfully.

Really enjoyed the ride, was nice to get out and ride in a group for the first time and helped the 17miles pass quickly and relatively easy.

Was nice to push my self pace wise and found myself trundling along at 15mph for the first half of the ride, tired a little pace wise during the second but averaged something like 13mph so happy with that that.

Thanks to cyclist33 and psyklon and non CC Mick for putting up with my slow arse!

Happy to organise another one next month,if anyone is interested?

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Must remember to bring no backpack or puffy jacket next time - I think I'd lost about a pound of sweat by the time I got to liverpool!

Yeah it did get a little warm in the afternoon

chernij

Couldn't quite make sense of all the posts - when are people thinking? I live in South Manchester but originally from Liverpool, would like to join sometime

sittingbull

Veteran
I'm hoping it's OK with @aces_up1504 if I jump in on this thread as it's good to see some interest in rides in this area.

I'm proposing an INTERMEDIATE road ride this Sunday 19th. May heading for Delamere.

The distance is likely to be 40-60 miles averaging 15+mph over terrain which includes some tough hills - a standard Delamere ride really ;)

If you're interested then reply or simply turn up at one of the points below at the times given. If you're not sure you'll be comfortable with this pace then you can always give it a go (riding in a group is easier anyway) and cut the ride short if necessary.

Timings:
Childwall Fiveways 12:00pm
Hale Village, Wellington Pub 12:30pm
Runcorn Bridge (next to Cyclists Dismount sign) 12:50pm
Sutton Weaver, junction of Halton Station Rd & Chester Road 1:05pm

I'll be going straight to Hale Village. Once in Delamere we'll make it up as we go along.
:biggrin:

Top Bottom