England : Merseyside Beginners Ride near Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Ta Mate,

I did look along the path, but having not walked or biked it i was unsure to its suitability so thought it best it leave it out this time.

Just thought the old light house might make a nice stopping point for a few mins.

matthat

Über Member
its a nice ride from the bridge clean and tidy etc just a 5 or 10 min hike up and down steps!!

Psyklon

I regularly walk this path and also use my hybrid, but there's no way I would use my road on it! There are some decent roads around Hale, Cronton, Rainhill, Clock Face & out towards Burtonwood etc then we could loop back towards Whiston, but it's entirely up to you guys as this ride was Aces Up's shout!

Psyklon

Hi @aces_up1504, the path along the Mersey from Hale through Pickering's Pasture then underneath the Widnes/Runcorn Bridge! The path obviously goes for miles right through to the East Coast, but I've only gone as far as Lymm & Dunham Massey!

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Ok just to finalise a few things:

Ride will take place on Sunday 5th May, starting from Stadt Moers car park on Pottery Lane Whiston @ 09.00. Below is the current route planned out around 17.5 miles but can easily be stretched to 20ish by continuing on Hale Road. I cycled the non-road parts this morning on my tricross. The Liverpool Loop Line section was free of glass this morning and no issues with the section through Stadt Moers at the end of the ride.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/199392346

billy1561

BB wrecker
Hmm, looks like i'm out of this one guys my bottom bracket has give up the ghost unfortunately. Have to wait for payday to repair. Only option is to use my mtb which will be tough but do-able i guess.

Psyklon

Hmm, looks like i'm out of this one guys my bottom bracket has give up the ghost unfortunately. Have to wait for payday to repair. Only option is to use my mtb which will be tough but do-able i guess.
You'll be fine @billy1561, it's only a gentle pace mate! :thumbsup:

billy1561

BB wrecker
Hi Guys,

Just to get an idea who is turning up, weather looks good for sunday morning. Can you drop me a message on here or via PM

1. @aces_up1504
2. @Cyclist33
3. @billy1561
4. @justkeeppedaling
5. @Psyklon
6. @matthat
7. @Martin Archer
Have to skip this one aces_up sorry. My road bike is having surgery on monday lunchtime and i don't want to cause anymore damage to it than there already is.
I went out the other day for a ride on it and i was concerned that it may not have gotten me home the noise that was coming from my BB.
Anyway, like you said it's good weather so i wish you all a good and safe ride and thanks again for making the effort it's appreciated.
Hope to get on the next one :hello:

Top Bottom