England : Merseyside Beginners Ride near Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Sorry not updated this thread, been a little side tracked.

If Sunday 5th around 9am suits better and probably it is for me also. We can move it that date?

Riders So far:
1.Aces
2.Cyclist33
3.Psyklon
4.Billy1561
5.Mathat TBC

Psyklon

gutted, would love to take part but i am on honeymoon then, bummer
Can't you postpone the wedding lol!!! :whistle:

chqshaitan

Guru
haha bud, we are getting together for the 50 miler liverpool the chester ride in july :smile:

I suspect I would be divorced before i was even married lol.
I am sure this ride will turn into something regular, so i will be at the next one, come hell or high water :biggrin:

chqshaitan

Guru
yea, i second a ride on the wirral, parents are from that neck of the woods so would be handy and its supposed to be relatively flat for cycling, so another plus :smile:

I think I will be able to make this ride.

matthat

Über Member
I work sat and sun but sat is easier to cover than the sun so all organise between yourselves but keep it on thread and if i can fit in at last minute i'll let you know!!
I'm considering arranging a medium social ride at some point so keep your eyes open if interested.
Cheers

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Just to give you an update on the route:

The plan Route wise is:
Leaving from starting from Stadt Moers Car park on Pottery Lane Whiston, to make the small climb up Blundells hill to give a nice view over mersey before heading back down past the outskirts of widnes down to Hale and down to the lighthouse, before heading back up to join the Old Liverpool Railway Line up to Huyton before arriving cycling back through Stadt Moers to the start point.

As far as I am aware its relatively low traffic and suitable for road bikes, but I will recon the route this weekend. I have planned it out in Route toaster but not worked ot how to save it yet or show it on here.

matthat

Über Member
Hi aces! I can vouch for the fact that the rds around hale are good for cyclists my only warning is the Old liverpool railway is prone to glass along it so advise you to be extra vigilant along that stretch! If you are dropping onto the mersey path be wary of the the steps at stewards brook i'll attempt to add a pic also its nice along there coming out at pickerings pasture.
5764443.jpg

The steps here are very deep and its easy for people to walk bikes up it I have attempted to ride up it on my mtb so that should give you an idea of how steady the steps are. Hope this info is of use to you!!

Top Bottom