Beijing Olympic Roadrace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
An Australian cycling team did a recce race in Beijing yesterday and seem to have found the air polution thing not so bad, however the humidity gave them some worries. I can vouch for that as it also affects me when riding out here, even more so in Vietnam.

Here's the link to the Cyclenews report, interesting about some Italian cities having more air pollution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/aug07/aug19news

Will1985

Über Member
It was bad up in the north east too. Venetians were always complaining of pollution, and where I used to live in Padova, there is a law that means cars can use the roads on alternating days depending on the last number of their numberplate. In some areas of the city it wasn't actually that noticeable, but I often cycled into the hills overlooking the city and you could clearly see a blanket of smog on the sunny days.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I remember, a few years back, when I lived in Rednal, right next to the Longbridge Rover plant, as I walked up to the 'T' junction just by the works bridge over the road I nearly collapsed. The amount of carbon monoxide being kicked out was un-believable.
Then I watched the news yesterday and Beijing looked exactly like L.A. used to.

Top Bottom