Being able to see at night, lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWright

Guru
Looks like it would be fun to try. I just have a feeling if someone came up the trail from the other direction with a Cree T6....it might be a problem for you. They are sort of pricey and I wonder how stable they would be while trail riding.

snorri

Legendary Member
Looks like high risk to me.
The 30 degree field of vision is very limiting and danger of a twisted neck if the goggles foul overhanging branches etc

(...but as RWright says, fun to try^_^)

amaferanga

Veteran
I wouldn't want that thing strapped to my face in a crash. Good lights are so cheap these days that you could buy about 20 sets of Cree T6 lights for the same money as one of those. It's a no brainer then....

billy1561

BB wrecker
I couldn't see a use for these on a bike David. The field of view would be restricted for one. Having the ability to quickly glance around when on the trails is invaluable but would you feel comfortable doing that with these?

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
i wasnt really that serious but thought it may be a worthy topic. I used a friends, not when cycling a few yeas ago and was amazed at how good they were. If they could make one that had a wider field of vision, was more practical to wear and wernt such a big lump strapped to your head would they ever be worthwhile? mountain biking at night?

Top Bottom