Being injured sucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Dangerous stuff running. God invented the wheel !

vickster

Legendary Member
Very bad for you if you aren't warmed up, start by taking it easy etc...can be horrible for knees for example, especially if not using the right footwear

Presumably it was your idea to start running :wacko:

OP
OP
Steppylud

Steppylud

Über Member
I do a 5 minute brisk walk as a warm up before I run, think i over stretched my knee when trying to clear a puddle. Will need to spend some money on decent trainers as my £20 Karrimor jobs might not be up to the job! Its just so much easier going out for a 30 minute run, than a 40 mile bike ride :sad:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I do a 5 minute brisk walk as a warm up before I run, think i over stretched my knee when trying to clear a puddle. Will need to spend some money on decent trainers as my £20 Karrimor jobs might not be up to the job! Its just so much easier going out for a 30 minute run, than a 40 mile bike ride :sad:

I disagree, if I tried to go for a 30 minute run I would be completely and utterly knackered, a 40 mile bike ride in comparison is a walk in the park

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm guessing he means time wise

OP
OP
Steppylud

Steppylud

Über Member
timewise is the reason. I find 30 mins running is equivalent to about 3 hours in the saddle, so much easier to get three of those in a week before work. I am off to the sweatshop in Teddington, when I am not hobbling anymore.....

arch684

Veteran
I used to cycle the 10 miles to work and run home.Next morning I would run to work and cycle home,I did that 4 days a week for over 2 years.It was the fittest I have ever been

vickster

Legendary Member
timewise is the reason. I find 30 mins running is equivalent to about 3 hours in the saddle, so much easier to get three of those in a week before work. I am off to the sweatshop in Teddington, when I am not hobbling anymore.....
Do you cycle to work? That's a straightforward way to get the miles in

U

User6179

I don't run anymore but would agree with you , 30 minute run at pace is harder than a 40 mile cycle spinning on the flat , you canny free wheel running , but 30 minute cycle at pace is equal to the running and 3o minute cycle uphill would be even better but you cant go uphill without coming down so running edges it .

OP
OP
Steppylud

Steppylud

Über Member
Don't cycle to work, its too far. I am due to start a new job in London soon, so I might think about it a bit more seriously, however Mrs thinks I will end up dead squashed by a van.

The runs I have been doing have basically been my morning dog walks too so everyone wins. I do plan to continue the running, its just an annoying setback after only a couple of weeks. :sad:

Top Bottom