Being "Polite"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brahan

Über Member
gary r said:
"is that your bike?"
my reply stopped him in his tracks
"no" i said
he sheepishly returned to his furious girlfiend whilst i tried to stifle my laughter!

Love it. :biggrin:

Regarding the poilte thing though - sometimes meeting fire with fire is the best option. When you've got some idiot being rude to you a short burst of seemingly uncontrollable direct aggression often gets the exact response you want. You can actually see people shrink into their shoes.

gary r said:
i was on the train with my bike just after they intoduced the new trains without the guards carriage,The bike space was 3 seats folded up. a girl on the busy train standing up with her boyfriend was egging him to tell me to move my bike so they could sit down (the train was packed by now so i couldnt move it) i was also standing up wearing full cycling clothing,he approached me and said
"is that your bike?"
"no" i said
he sheepishly returned to his furious girlfiend whilst i tried to stifle my laughter!

His next course of action should have been...well this belongs to no-one and thrown it out of the train.:biggrin:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
gary r said:
i was on the train with my bike just after they intoduced the new trains without the guards carriage,The bike space was 3 seats folded up. a girl on the busy train standing up with her boyfriend was egging him to tell me to move my bike so they could sit down (the train was packed by now so i couldnt move it) i was also standing up wearing full cycling clothing,he approached me and said
"is that your bike?"
"no" i said

Fantastic...I love the mental Image I have of this, well played

OP
OP
T
Nice one gary r.

Brahan, I've done the aggression thing before, and I'm good at it too, but I think I got it right on this occasion. Left the sad little pillock stewing in his own juice whilst I hummed one of my favourite pieces of music.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
gary r said:
"is that your bike?"
"no" i said
You should have moved it just enough for the seats to fold down, but not enough for them to sit on them. ;)

Twenty Inch said:
Nice one gary r.

Brahan, I've done the aggression thing before, and I'm good at it too, but I think I got it right on this occasion. Left the sad little pillock stewing in his own juice whilst I hummed one of my favourite pieces of music.

Colonel Bogey?;)

Matthames

Über Member
I remember having to get someone to give up their seat in the cycle area. This kid was blatantly refusing to move and there were a number of bikes already on the train. The two previous trains had been cancelled so the train was looking something like what you would see in India. There was this woman who wanted to use the toilet, in order to shut the door properly I needed to move my bike out of the way. As a result the kid was eventually ejected from the fold down seat so that I could move my bike back. There must of been at any one time about half a dozen bikes on that train.

OP
OP
T
hackbike 666 said:
Colonel Bogey?:biggrin:

Read the OP.

POM-pom-pom-Pom-pom-pom POM-pom-pom-Pom-pom-pom

Top Bottom