Belarus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Mrs P has recently received three calls on her mobile from a number in Belarus.The phone rings but before she can answer the ringing stops.Each call has a different number each from allegedly from Belarus Mrs P has checked on Safari and this came up as a spam number commencing 375..Any Cycle Chatters had any of these calls.

classic33

Leg End Member
Can you use the phone to make outbound calls?

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
I had one call from number starting 375 yesterday at 11pm. I do not answer any calls from unknown numbers (even UK ones).

Mrs P didn’t have chance to answers the call as her mobile only rang once.Came up as a missed call.
We are very aware of s cam calls Think the calls are an attempt to get the recipient to return the call,which we didn’t do.

Last edited:
There's a spate of these call being received here in Norway.

I and my colleagues have had calls from eastern Bloc countries, along with western Europe and South America.

It is, I believe, some kind of scam: I've been told that you're not charged if you answer, but if you call back, you're charged premium rates.

I make a habit of only answering calls that are in my contact list. Others are googled later so I can identify them.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yes I have, I get a few spam calls a week which i block and don't answer. But I googled this one and it said it was a Belarus number. I've blocked 3 different Belarus numbers now, hopefully it will stop but you never know.

Ripple

Veteran
... but if you call back, you're charged premium rates.

That's what it is. I once found an article somewhere on the internet about these scam calls. I don't remember how much exactly it will cost you but we're talking about tens of pounds per minute. So quite painfull financially.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
There's a spate of these call being received here in Norway.

I and my colleagues have had calls from eastern Bloc countries, along with western Europe and South America.

It is, I believe, some kind of scam: I've been told that you're not charged if you answer, but if you call back, you're charged premium rates.

I make a habit of only answering calls that are in my contact list. Others are googled later so I can identify them.

Spot on. Same here. I hope one recently from a number in my own dialing code. After googling it appears they can spoof a local number that appears on your screen.

Yep, I ignore any number that rings off - if it's someone who wants you/has a good reason for calling they will let it ring or leave a message.

Not worth fretting about.

On Belarus - seriously dodgy place I think to put it mildly.

I have a certain connection with Sardinia and well remember seeing a Belarus dance troop there of all things on some sort of cultural visit.

Must admit that, in my ignorance, I was pretty much unaware of the place. So I looked it up.

Couldn't help but feel that the dance troop was some sort of "soft" (as in smelly) attempt to ingratiate themselves (have seen this before in Sardinia) with non too knowledgeable Sardinia/Italian lefties with a hankering for the past and mother Russia/USSR.

Top Bottom