Belgium here I come!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
There I was. Minding my own business. Preparing a a coursework sample for external moderation when a colleague came into my classroom and asked, "Do you fancy going to Belgium on a school trip next weekend?"

After a microsecond's reflection I said "Yes"

Going via channel tunnel. Be visiting a theme park, a chocolate factory, visiting Ypres and doing summat else before returning a week on Monday.

Should be fun.

PS. Do Belgians make pies?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Not sure about pies, but Belgian chips are great. The beer's not bad either.
I hope you go to Bruges - it's great. Excellent architecture, more chocolate shops than anyone should have to walk past and a lot of very welcoming bars.
May not be ideal for a school trip, on reflection...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I hope you go to Bruges - it's great. Excellent architecture, more chocolate shops than anyone should have to walk past and a lot of very welcoming bars.

Just as long as you avoid Irish people and midgets you should be fine :thumbsup:

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

I've already been given a shopping list for chocolate.

I know about the chips and mayo.

To be honest every thing is free so I can't complain about the itinerary. I'm not too bothered about the beer - I'll be in charge of kids and I never compromise on the drinking front when I have responsibility for kids on trips. I'll have to see what I can get to bring back.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Vern, have a look at Hairy Bikers' programme from Belgium and Luxembourg earlier this week.... 'submarine pies'!

Mmmm, I have the Hairy Bikers' pie book - I'll have a look in that.

I have been very restrained with pies since joining Slimming World. Total consumption this year - four pies.....

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Have a great weekend. And some Belgian buns!

Hopefully, as it's a schooltrip, the coach won't be taken apart by the Border Farce on your return!

sdr gb

Falling apart
I hope you go to Bruges - it's great. Excellent architecture, more chocolate shops than anyone should have to walk past
Agree with you on that, Bruges is a great place.

BTW, it's the Tour of Flanders next weekend, take them to watch a bike race.

Top Bottom