Bell Hydrapack drying AARRGGGHHH!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WelshYiddo

Bought a cheapy Bell hydrapack (£10 from Asda) for my eldest boy.
Went out for a bit of mtb'ing on Saturday and the pack did the job.
However, after cleaning it how on earth do you get it dry???

I've hung it upside down, stuffed tissue in it and let the air get to it but it's still not dry!

Any ideas......or does it just boil down to I should've known better and spent more money?

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
WelshYiddo said:
Bought a cheapy Bell hydrapack (£10 from Asda) for my eldest boy.
Went out for a bit of mtb'ing on Saturday and the pack did the job.
However, after cleaning it how on earth do you get it dry???

I've hung it upside down, stuffed tissue in it and let the air get to it but it's still not dry!

Any ideas......or does it just boil down to I should've known better and spent more money?

My Son-in-law keeps his in the freezer

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
The freezer is a good tip, it stops bacteria growing.

I use a few of them plastic golf balls. pop a few inside the bag and leave it be. Somewhere flat if you can. ;)

Dilbert

I take the bite valve off mine to allow the tube to dry out (and stuff the main part as described above). i would put it in the freezer but its full of chicken nuggets and oven chips.

longers

Legendary Member
I've got a camelback bladder thingy hung up on a wire bottle cage hooked over a coathanger. I bent a wire coat hanger to shape before the bottle cage became surplus to requirements.
I've not used it for a couple of years but have just checked and it's still in good nick.

Sam Kennedy

I either keep mine stored with water still in it (eek! I've just realised mine has been left alone for like 6 weeks!). Or if I really need to dry it, I put in a few bits of kitchen roll, then take the bite valve off and blow air into it, until the bladder is inflated. Then I would close the valve and shake the bladder until the paper soaks up all the water :tongue:

OP
OP
WelshYiddo

WelshYiddo

Speck said:
I love fish finger butties:hyper:

Cheap white bread with an embarrassing amount of tomato ketchup :biggrin:

Top Bottom