1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belleville Rendez-Vous

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Lardyboy, 27 Jan 2008.

1. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

Did anyone else see this tonight on BBC4?

Was absolutely brilliant! ;)

2. Seen it before, Ms RT has got it on DVD> It's got bicycles and a Citroen H Van, two things of which I'm inordinately fond.
    I love the dog in it, especially when he's trying to bark at the train and the frog at the same time.

3. longers

longers Veteran

A great film ;).

4. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

I liked the "car chase" with the "stretched" 2CV's, the now obvious use for a German WW2 grenade as a fishing device, and the "patron" still waiting for the return of the pedallo at the end. ;)

5. longers

longers Veteran

Last time I looked on Amazon, they did not know of this film ;).

6. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Don't think I have seen it. Is it foreign? It sounds it.

7. Watch it Noodley. Now. It's brilliant.

8. longers

longers Veteran

+1

9. Here's a bit of it. Apparently they actually did the music as it's shown in the animation.

10. longers

longers Veteran

Amazon does know of this film. I think I may have spelled it wrong last time ;).

11. And Here's the opening.

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Looks unusual and good from the clip, but I would get bored if that went on for much longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. It doesn't. The little boy at the end of the opening clip gets a bicycle bought for him and finishes up riding in Le Tour. He soon becomes involved with a sinister ring of gamblers after being swept up in the broom wagon. A brilliant film which only the French could have made.

14. Noodley

Noodley Guest

It's not up to the standard of "Tom and Jerry" is it?

15. Well, what is?