Belt drive and IGH?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bmoorhouse

I am looking for a folder with both a belt drive and an internal gear hub. I have looked at the Bike Fridays, which look like great bikes. But, custom built they are more expensive and take a long time to be delivered. I may end up with one of those, but first wanted to see if anything else existed.

The other option I am considering is the Tern Verge S11i. While it does not have a belt drive, it does have the clean drive, which may be enough to keep grease and dirt off my pant legs.

Are there any other models by other manufactures that have both belt drives and IGHs?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The Decathlon Tilt 720 comes with a 3 speed hub and belt drive.
I thought they used to do one with a 7 speed hub too, but I can't find it on the website.
The chain drive one has a fully-enclosed chain, which may suit. It's a good bit cheaper too.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
A coupole of companys do 8 Speed brommie conversions. Not a belt drive but thats no bad thing.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I haven't looked at the Tern Verge S11in detail but I have purchased two Bike Friday Tikits with 8 speed Alfines and can confirm that they worked out at more than double the cost of the Verge.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Another option worth thinking about is buying one of the geared, or even single speed options and then buying a spare wheel with an Alfine 8. Say a Verge Duo or Link Uno and you could have an 8speed/SS for about £6-800. Or you could buy a P9 and run it with the original 1x9 gearing or an Alfine 8 with the derailleur as a chain tensioner.

Top Bottom