'bent morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, I'd never turn down a chance for a new and different ride:biggrin:.
Be nice to try a recumbent too.;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
*dribbles and looks visibly excited*

Well worth the drive from St Evanage. Just need to know where to be and when. I assume adjusting 'bents is a relatively quick and easy process?
*wonders if chammy pad will be in right place*

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Waffles, you call your trike a mobile deckchair too!
Thank god, I thought it was only me.
Or is it a Norfolk thing...................?

And Doc' chammy pads are a thing defunct on planet trike.
I vividly remember going on my first longish trike run and finding my cycling shorts were the single least comfortable apparel I could have chosen.

Tx

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
tdr1nka said:
Waffles, you call your trike a mobile deckchair too!
Thank god, I thought it was only me.
Or is it a Norfolk thing...................?

I vividly remember going on my first longish trike run and finding my cycling shorts were the single least comfortable apparel I could have chosen.

Tx

Good to know. Any other tips? as I'm a virgin in these matters.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
tdr1nka said:

I used to think this, but now I tend to wear them anyway, especially when it's cold!!! Verra good for keeping one's bits warm when they are exposed to fast airflow.

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

TheDoctor said:
*dribbles and looks visibly excited*

Well worth the drive from St Evanage. Just need to know where to be and when. I assume adjusting 'bents is a relatively quick and easy process?
*wonders if chammy pad will be in right place*

Mike Burrows's workshop in in Rackheath, which is to the north-east of Norwich, a few miles out from the city. Coming up from Stevenage.. hmmm... head-up to Baldock, along the A505 until it joins A11/A14 Carry on A14/A11, where the roads split, take A11 all the way to Norwich. When you get to southern outskirts of Norwich, at junction of A11/A47 HERE I'd then take the A47 in the direction of Gt Yarmouth (east) coming off the A47 HERE and then use the more detailed maps to guide me the last bit to Mike Burrows's workshop HERE

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
wafflycat said:
Mike Burrows's workshop in in Rackheath, which is to the north-east of Norwich, a few miles out from the city. Coming up from Stevenage.. hmmm... head-up to Baldock, along the A505 until it joins A11/A14 Carry on A14/A11, where the roads split, take A11 all the way to Norwich. When you get to southern outskirts of Norwich, at junction of A11/A47 HERE I'd then take the A47 in the direction of Gt Yarmouth (east) coming off the A47 HERE and then use the more detailed maps to guide me the last bit to Mike Burrows's workshop HERE

You is a cartographical genius! Thanks! I'll also get the post code and plug that into the satnav, and I should be hot to trot. Thanks awfully.;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
BentMikey said:
I used to think this, but now I tend to wear them anyway, especially when it's cold!!! Verra good for keeping one's bits warm when they are exposed to fast airflow.

It might just be the shorts I have, they are seriously padded and great for the MTB but I found they tended to 'bunch' at the top of my thighs resticting leg movement when peddling the trike, making me have to frequently stop to 'adjust' myself.

I just wear unpadded cycle shorts under regular canvas shorts at the mo. and await leggings or biblongs for my birthday.

Other bent trike tips for TheDoctor?
If you can, have a go on a recumbent cycling machine to get a feel for the
ride. A comfortable sitting position is paramount.
Trikes are a tad slower than uprights, initially your calves and knees will ask what on earth you think you're doing and so need to be coersed into covering distances that you'd think easy peasy on an upright.
Regular riding and adjustments will bring these niggles down to the minimum.

Tx

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
tdr1nka said:
It might just be the shorts I have, they are seriously padded and great for the MTB but I found they tended to 'bunch' at the top of my thighs resticting leg movement when peddling the trike, making me have to frequently stop to 'adjust' myself.

I just wear unpadded cycle shorts under regular canvas shorts at the mo. and await leggings or biblongs for my birthday.

Other bent trike tips for TheDoctor?
If you can, have a go on a recumbent cycling machine to get a feel for the
ride. A comfortable sitting position is paramount.
Trikes are a tad slower than uprights, initially your calves and knees will ask what on earth you think you're doing and so need to be coersed into covering distances that you'd think easy peasy on an upright.
Regular riding and adjustments will bring these niggles down to the minimum.

Tx

I've done a 'bent in the gym (oo-er), and Pam and I hired a wierd-as-anything 'bent sociable trike (of all things) on holiday a few years ago. Made by Workman, I think. A bit heavy, but good fun and easily usable for a tour, I'd think. You'd need a Transit to move it about, which is why we didn't get one.

davidwalton

TheDoctor said:
I've done a 'bent in the gym (oo-er), and Pam and I hired a wierd-as-anything 'bent sociable trike (of all things) on holiday a few years ago. Made by Workman, I think. A bit heavy, but good fun and easily usable for a tour, I'd think. You'd need a Transit to move it about, which is why we didn't get one.

See
http://www.greenspeed.com.au/gtt.html

The GTTS5 can be broken right down to a pile that should fit in to the back of most small cars.

Top Bottom