Bertie Boo'd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moxey

At the presentation today it was a mixed reception for Contador, many of the crowd were booing and jeering him. He didn't look too impressed, although his team mates seemed to be laughing about it.

raindog

er.....
It was bound to happen I suppose, and I think he'll get plenty more on the climbs during the race. Blame the UCI - it's their blasted falt all this is happeing.

User269

I just hope we'll be able to enjoy this wonderful and extraordinary event without the press dwelling on this sort of thing too much.
I'll be cheering and clapping at the finish in Cap Frehel, and at the start in Dinan. It's supposed to be fun and just wish people who don't love the sport and all that means, would ..........erm.........get on their bikes. This includes the UCI.

oldroadman

Veteran
It was bound to happen I suppose, and I think he'll get plenty more on the climbs during the race. Blame the UCI - it's their blasted falt all this is happeing.

How so? What they have done is, along with WADA, appealed the ruling of the Spanish Federation to the CAS. The problem lies at CAS, who stated that a decsiion would be made before the end of June, and have now decided that they need "more time to consider" a decision. So they could cause real problems for the sport by coming up with a verdict in favour of WADA/UCI and finding Contador guilty AFTER the TdF, and quite possibly after he has stood on the top of the podium. It's the CAS that are the shambles here, not the UCI or WADA.
In any case, if the UCI "get on their bike" who runs the sport? ASO and the big promoters, who have a decided interest in no bad news? I think not.

beastie

Guru
The UCI did nothing for 70 days until the news was leaked, it's poor on behalf of them, the CAS and the Spanish cycling federation.

Top Bottom