Bespoked 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spent a few hours at Bespoked yesterday so a few pics;

Reilly;

DSC_0917.JPG

Ingrid 'Rasta' rear mech;

DSC_0912.JPG

Stayer:

DSC_0899.JPG

J.Laverack;

DSC_0920.JPG

Donhou;

DSC_0918.JPG

Chater-Lea;

DSC_0919.JPG

Avalanche;

DSC_0916 2.JPG

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
Pt 2;

Avalanche detail;

DSC_0915.JPG

Crossley Metals;

DSC_0910.JPG

Metron stem;

DSC_0887.JPG

Spoon customs;

DSC_0896.JPG

Festka;

DSC_0913.JPG

Retrogrouch;

DSC_0891.JPG

Mike Burrows detail;

DSC_0884.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I see pony tails are in even for older white haired middle age guys. There's hope for us yet.
Aside from that there's nothing there I haven't seen before in a slightly different format. :smile:

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
All just a tad bit hipster for my tastes. Maybe one proper bike in your selection, the Donhou, despite the Hunt wheels. Apart from that mostly Emperor's new clothes, with tags on.

It's a shame that the manufacturers feel the need to be 'out there' and grab headlines while I think most customers just want good, reliable product that is the best it can be at the weight, cost, performance bracket it is pitched at?

AndyRM

XOXO
All just a tad bit hipster for my tastes. Maybe one proper bike in your selection, the Donhou, despite the Hunt wheels. Apart from that mostly Emperor's new clothes, with tags on.

It's a shame that the manufacturers feel the need to be 'out there' and grab headlines while I think most customers just want good, reliable product that is the best it can be at the weight, cost, performance bracket it is pitched at?

Fancy paintjobs aside, they mostly seem like proper bikes?

@Elybazza61 - any more of the Retrogrouch? Liking the style from just the one pic you've put up!

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Nice - might just be your tastes but there seems to be a lot of steel there. I guess it's infinitely better suited to custom builds than CFRP while clearly nobody likes / should like ally.. does seem like steel might be making a bit of a comeback in more mainstream offerings however.

I see pony tails are in even for older white haired middle age guys. There's hope for us yet.
Aside from that there's nothing there I haven't seen before in a slightly different format. :smile:

Surely it's less a case of being "in" and more that by the time you've hit middle age you no longer give a toss what other people consider an acceptable haircut.

Indeed, the largest factor in my hair's significant length remaining unchecked is the disgust I feel for the idea of getting a conformist lego man haircut and in doing so expressing some tacit signal that I want to be included in a society whose values I find increasingly abhorrent.

Given how "normal" it is for the wider public to detest and deride cyclists I suspect I'm not the only one amongst our two-wheeled brethren who's in no rush to opt-in..

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's certainly true for the vast majority of us but these people are catering to the hipster market which is something else.

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
That's certainly true for the vast majority of us but these people are catering to the hipster market which is something else.

Well I have two custom Stayers and wouldn't consider myself a hipster and there was a wide range of 'types' there and a larger female percentage than you usually see at other events; also a few blokes that could be described as 'old differs' who would probably have bought frames/bikes from the likes of Hitchens/Roberts etc.

I think it attracts the type of people who want something more individual than a Giant/Speccy/etc and to actually interact with the people who makes it.

Top Bottom