Best action film EVER?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
I don't see the point of watching Action Movies - you might as well fire up your Playstation. If I'm going to fork out a fiver at the cinema I want some proper dialogue, a plot and a script. Perhaps it's an age thing.

Oldspice

I don't see the point of watching Action Movies - you might as well fire up your Playstation. If I'm going to fork out a fiver at the cinema I want some proper dialogue, a plot and a script. Perhaps it's an age thing.

YouTube has a world of movies and i don't own a game box

Reactions: 4F

pally83

Über Member

I will only see blockbusters / horrors / comedies at the cinema. If I want to concentrate, I get a DVD.

Gaz Vickers

The 1st 2 Underworld Films, The 3rd was ok - Not seen the latest one.
And for a gritty based on real events british film- Rise of the Footsoldier.
Also - Man on Fire. with Denzil Washington.

naminder

I love the street fighting scene in Heat.....

Robert de Niro & Al Pacino.......has to be good......

The shoot out after the bank job? My favourite 20 minutes of any film

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
2 of my favourites which people have already chosen.

Italian Job
Black Hawk Down

Also The Great Escape... A brilliant 'action' caper

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Not my fave but I'd like a mention for Point Break. Now, ordinarily I wouldn't be biggin' up a Keanu flick (and especially not one with the late Mr Swayze in it too) but in this case, I make exception.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Top Gun... :whistle:

In all seriousness though, for what I class as an out-and-out action movie, I'd have to go with The Rock. Its just action-pron. But then, maybe its my age but I do love those mindless, OTT, fire-and-forget 90's action movie's;

Face/Off
Broken Arrow
Die Hard(s), natch
Executive Decision
Passenger 57
Bad Boys(!)
Under Seige
Eraser
Patriot Games and so forth.

I class the likes of Heat in an entirely different category of regard - nominally on the basis of tangible or existant acting. Heat is probably one of the best movies ever, and the final scene with that music playing; "I told you I wasnt ever going back"... phenominal.

Edit to add I actually put Ronin and Leon in the latter category aswell, two films almost as good as Heat. There are characters in there, not just explosions and one-liners.

Top Bottom