Best computer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicol

Hi there,

Husband has asked for a wireless cycling computer for Christmas, one with lots of functions not just a basic one, can anyone recommend a good one thats around £30 and good places to buy?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes,
this is a bargain for a great computer
Ciclosport 4.1

ps don't worry about it saying KM's. You can change to Miles.

OP
OP
A

alicol

Nice but no buttons!

That looks great, nice big display but no buttons!

I know my husband will only be happy if there's lots of buttons to play with!:rolleyes:

Plus I think he wanted it to be able to record different trips on different bikes and compare if that makes sense?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It has 3 buttons on the bottom of the unit to scroll through all the displays.
And you can record 2 different bikes on the 1 computer.

alicol said:
That looks great, nice big display but no buttons!

I know my husband will only be happy if there's lots of buttons to play with!:biggrin:

Plus I think he wanted it to be able to record different trips on different bikes and compare if that makes sense?

OP
OP
A

alicol

Thanks..

...For all your help, I think I might get him a Cateye one as its a brand that popped up a few times online whilst searching, just needed abit of advice from some who knew a bit more than me about cycling! Ask me about cooking or housework and I know where I am!:biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
alicol said:
...For all your help, I think I might get him a Cateye one as its a brand that popped up a few times online whilst searching, just needed abit of advice from some who knew a bit more than me about cycling! Ask me about cooking or housework and I know where I am!;)

Where can I get replacement bags for an AEG Compact 406 vacuum cleaner ?? :tongue: ;)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
alicol said:
...For all your help, I think I might get him a Cateye one as its a brand that popped up a few times online whilst searching, just needed abit of advice from some who knew a bit more than me about cycling! Ask me about and I know where I am!;)

Better off with a VDO... I don't know much about cooking or housework, but I do know a good cycle computer... :tongue:

Randochap

Senior hunter
From my experience -- as a long-distance cyclist, club director and selling bicycle computers retail -- Cateye computers are by far the most reliable (I have one that's still working after 17 years!)

jimheaney57

alicol said:
...For all your help, I think I might get him a Cateye one as its a brand that popped up a few times online whilst searching, just needed abit of advice from some who knew a bit more than me about cycling! Ask me about cooking or housework and I know where I am!:tongue:

My goodness your husband is a lucky man;)

You are good at cooking and housework and you buy him gadgets to play with:laugh:

Top Bottom