1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best cycling bargain.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Maggot, 16 Jul 2007.

1. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

You wouldn't believe, I didn't!!!!! Bear with me.

We went away for the weekend, and on the way back popped into Decathlon in Birmingham. Maggot Jr, was keen to look at the Decathlon 7.0 kids racing bike. He was pre-warned, "we aren't buying it today"etc We looked at one that was being sent on to another store, so couldn't we couldn't buy it anyway. The helpful girl then found another one, the last one, in the store, and explained they were not doing them anymore. So we could have this one cheap if we wanted it. £75 already seemed like a good deal, but she reduced it even more to.........................£25 :tongue: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it was snapped up, they built it in about 30 mins, then, when we picked it up, they had put on free lights, front and back :tongue:

Is this the cycling deal of the millenium :eek: :blush: :laugh:

2. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

I wonder if she's a disgruntled employee, and today was her last day there. :eek:

Well done! That's the best bargain I've heard about for a good while. :blush:

3. I got a touring bike earlier this year which was practically free. I sold another frame for £150 and got everything except the wheelset from a friend who works in the trade for the same amount of money. The bike was an ex showroom model and had a small amount of damage. The wheelset came off the aforementioned frame I sold.

It's a Dawes Ultragalaxy

4. Jack

Jack New Member

Very good price! Nice.

5. Hugh Jarse

Hugh Jarse New Member

Lucky Bugger..........Do you happen to know this wednesdays lottery numbers?

6. slow down

slow down New Member

I got one as well (see earlier post) for £33.45, but without the lights. That said I bought one two years ago for my eldest and the lights didn't fit that well (and he won't ride it after dark) so not too fussed about that. I'm happy :blush: , but not as happy as my 7 year old :eek:

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Maggot, it was your lucky day, you should have bought some lottery tickets at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. lifeson

lifeson New Member

Unbelievable!

I thought we had a good deal when we paid £75 then went back 2 weeks later and noticed it had been reduced to £33 and after moaning at the manager he refunded us the difference :laugh: :tongue:
    I think I would be pushing it to get him to refund down to £25 :eek: :blush:

I wish I had bought all their stock and sold on ebay