Best Energy Drink?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Milk for after a ride. Water\juice mix for energy and re-hydration during a ride.

Steampig

Doesnt lucozade or red bull**** work?

Having recently completed a Sports coaching,fitness and development course all 3 of my tutors were in agreement that Water is as good as anything really whilst riding, most of these pre exercise drinks make only marginal difference and only really to super serious athletes.
Afterwards you need an Electrolyte drink to replace sodium and potassium lost in sweat to help aid recovery.
That said i like a mars refuel after anything 2 hours plus, no idea if it actually makes a difference it may well be the placebo effect but makes me feel good.
I think its probably each to there own, trial and error?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/6-drinks-that-best-replenish-electrolytes/

Ethan

I cant drink milk at all, but soya milk is just as good.
But I dont drink it while riding, it doesn't refresh me at all! I either have normal cordial juice or that new monster energy ice tea like substance - Tastes great, packed full of shite and caffeine and refreshing.

Or cider, cider works too.

Tompinder

Regular
Like Vernon says, it depends on the distances that you are cycling. Personally if i'm going to ride anything under 40 miles i'll just take out a bottle or two of water, depending on the heat of the day. Anything over that i take out an energy drink (zero dissolvable electrolyte tablets are good) and a bottle of water to wash the mouth out, as i find energy drinks can leave an unsavory taste in the mouth. When i get in from a long ride i always have a big glass of milk as it contains the amino acid Caesin, a slow releasing protein that'll slowly rebuild your muscles for hours post ride.

Top Bottom